Monday 8 December 2014

What is the most effective way to communicate with your team?

There are many and various ways of communicating with team members but I think the main thing to do is work out which way is best for each individual member. 

This is of course easier when you have a small team. If you have a large number of affiliates, I would recommend that you focus your communication efforts on your movers. Sure you still need to keep in contact with all members of your team, but make sure you do not lose contact with your workers. They are the ones who will bring you the money. 

The main ways I communicate with my team members are - emails, streams, e-cards and newsletter and I find emails and e-cards to be the most effective way to connect with them. 

The majority of the emails I receive from my team members are in reply to my e-card messages. I use the E-Cards a lot. They are easy and quick to use personal messages. The only minor draw back is that if I forget to save them, the messages are lost ones they have been sent. 

I find that all my workers communicate with me by email. 

Whenever I see one of my people are online, I send them a chat request and connect with them that way. I also connect with some of my team on FaceBook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Skype is also good. 

Speaking to them on the phone is not always possible for me because of where I live, the difficulty of time zones and of course the costs involved. I am after all running a business. 

So for team messages, I stick with the streams and Newsletters but for the workers, I use E-Cards and Email. 

TIP: If you haven't done so already entered all your teams emails on a mail group in your Gmail, Yahoo or whatever you use. Call it SFI Group and send out emails to them using the bcc facility say ones a month. Those emails that come back to you as undelivered are obviously not correct so you can try and find other means of connecting with those people. Every time you add PSA & CSA to your team add their emails to your group and if they leave SFI, take their names off you group mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment